DAES is an independent multicultural engineering company experienced in complex technical projects and advanced engineering solutions. We provide support and advanced skills for engineering studies and we have strong expertise in numerical simulations. Our team is composed of about 30 experienced engineers based in Geneva and Winterthur (Switzerland) and in France.
DAES is a “What you see is what you get style“ company: you actively participate in its development and direct access to the Management team.
More than engineering and consulting company DAES has become a virtual Test Lab for our clients. We accelerate innovation thanks to the power of numerical simulations.
To keep on accelerating innovation and projects for our clients in the energy sector, we are looking for a new crewmate experienced in the nuclear sector in France.
Major Duties/Roles & Responsibilities
- Contribute to the technical coordination of the Remote Handling system related the functional and safety requirements of the Radwaste process;
- Support the elaboration of associated documentation, which includes design description and justification, process description, interface sheets, drawings, diagrams and 3D models;
- Support the safety analysis of the facility, in close connection with the Safety Department
- Contributes to the value engineering analysis (cost/benefit) of Radwaste management activities
- Support the development and implementation activities (and plan) for an effective solutions for maintenance, repair, rescue and recovery of Radwaste management facility;
Minimum 5 years’ experience in nuclear engineering, mechanical engineering, process engineering, radiation protection, remote handling and/or management of radwaste in the field of nuclear installations.
Expereince in international environments or complex projects is appreciated.
Master’s degree or equivalent in a nuclear engineering or other relevant discipline
Fluent in English (written and spoken).
Technical Competencies and demonstrated experience in:
- Remote Handling: Development of remotely operated / robotic systems for maintenance of fusion and/or other nuclear devices;
- Executing complex/multidisciplinary projects;
- Design: Ability to develop technical designs based on project requirements is required;
- System Engineering Analysis: Ability to carry out System analysis for guiding design activities is highly appreciated;
- Implementation and optimization of remote maintenance systems through testing, commissioning and/or direct usage is an advantage;
- Installation, integration and/or commissioning of complex engineering plant systems is an advantage.